PUBG’s two maps will be updated in the future patch, as well as the start of a new ranked season.
PUBG 13th season of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds will be released on August 4 for PC and August 12 for platforms. Updates to the Taego and Sanhok maps, a new map rotation for matches, and a new ranked season are all part of the new season.
The most significant future upgrade is for Taego, the 1980s South Korean map introduced in PUBG‘s most recent major update. Comeback BR, a fun second-chance system inspired by Warzone’s Gulag, was Taego’s first game. The map will have another unique feature dubbed the Secret Room in the future update, which is a randomly spawning location with some of the best loot in the game. However, players must first locate a key in order to get admission to the room.
After receiving a full remaster just last year, Sanhok is also getting an upgrade. The Map will receive a modest update that will introduce some new geographical features to the Northwest Island, which will give protection for players on the beach.
When the new update goes live on August 4, a new rated season will begin, with the season lasting two months. Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, Vikendi, and Karakin are included in the new map rotation for Season 13, with Paramo being rotated out for the season.
The complete patch notes for PUBG’s update 13.1 can be found below:
MULTI CARE PACKAGES
- Increased the number of Care Packages
- Standard Care Packages: One
- Small Care Packages: 5 – 15
- Multi-drop Care Package Contents
- Ammo, healing items, throwables. Standard Care Package spawn items can also be found inside, with low probability.
The Taego Secret Room can help you win your chicken meal by altering the course of your match.
Inside the secret area, you can obtain top-tier gear, including things that aren’t available anywhere else on the Battlegrounds.
Taego is littered with hidden keys that can be looted and used to gain access to the Taego Secret Room.
- How to enter the Secret Room
- After obtaining the key, you can open the secret room door and enter to loot items.
- Available items
- Self AED
- Low chance of Care Package items
- Large number of healing items and throwables
The emergency landing plane moves quicker than the regular starting plane, but the fall height varies significantly, resulting in a wide range of falling duration.
You can travel further if you jump higher at the start of the trip. As the plane’s altitude falls, the longer you can travel the later you jump off.
If you don’t leap out of the plane, you’ll incur 50% damage at the end of the flight.
ITEM SPAWN CHANGES
Based on player feedback, we’re making the following Taego item spawn changes:
- Spawn Rate Changes
- Self AED: 37% increase
- Stocks: 1% decrease
- Stun Grenade: 14% decrease
- Molotov Cocktail: 3% decrease
- New Items Added
- Emergency Pickup
- Spike Trap
NORTHWEST ISLAND GEOGRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENTS
- Added small cliffs and rocks to be used as cover on the south beach of the northwest island.
NORTHWEST ISLAND TEMPLE AT THE SUMMIT IMPROVEMENTS
- Relocated the Temple.
- Removed the buildings which did not have item spawns and replaced them with new buildings containing item spawns.
- Removed cliffs and added cover.
- Adjusted the angles of the rocks.
MATCHMAKING – MAP ROTATION
- Paramo has been removed and Karakin has been added to Normal Matches
- Maps available in Normal Matches:
RANKED SEASON 13
HONOR BASED REWARDS
- All eligible players will receive their Season 12 prizes, including nameplates/emblems, at the start of Season 13, which will be available for the length of the season.
- With the start of the following season, honor-based awards from Season 12 will be deleted from the inventory.
SEASON 12 EMBLEM & NAMEPLATES
- Players that participate in at least 10 Ranked Matches will receive an emblem and nameplate that corresponds to their season rank.
- An Animated Ranked Emblem is given to Platinum Tier and higher.
- An Animated Nameplate will be given to the Master Tier.
- A Unique Animated Emblem and Nameplate are awarded to the top 500 players.
- Honor-based emblems will now appear on your PUBG ID and will be displayed to foes after you defeat them. Emblems will also be visible to spectators and in the Death Cam.
SEASON 12 SKIN
- Season 12 Ranked Parachute Skins will be given to Gold V and higher players.
UPCOMING RANKED SCHEDULES: SEASON 13
- Season 12 Ranked Mode will come to a conclusion on August 4th KST (PC) / August 12th KST (Mac) (Console).
- Season 13 Ranked Mode will begin when the live server update goes live next month.
CHANGES IN RANKED SEASON 13
- Ranked Season 12
- 3,000 RP is the lower limit of demotion.
- You can maintain Diamond Rank even if you don’t play Ranked for seven days or more.
- Ranked Season 13
- RP can now decay below 3,000.
- 100 RP will be detected per day for players Diamond tier or higher who do not play Ranked at least once a week.
- 100 RP deduction per day continues until the player plays a Ranked match. Decay also stops once RP drops below 3,000. This means the deduction stops when you reach Platinum I.
- Diamond tier cannot be maintained by players who don’t participate in Ranked for 7 days or more in a row.
- RP can now decay below 3,000.
WEAPON BALANCE UPDATE
The ballistics of the following Sniper Rifles have been adjusted:
- Kar98k(+Julie’s Kar98k)
- Increased muzzle velocity (+20-25m/s)
- Slightly flatter bullet trajectory
- Decreased drag
- Increased damage coefficient at long range (0.9 → 0.95)
The following Sniper Rifles’ mechanics have been tweaked:
- Kar98k( +Julie’s Kar98k)
- Decreased bolt-action delay
- Increased bolt-action speed
- Faster transition to scoping after bolting.
- Increased rate of fire
DMRs have had their balances adjusted as follows:
- For the Mini 14, QBU, SKS, and SLR, increased bullet drop and reduced damage coefficient at long range.
- The Mk12’s long-range damage coefficient has been reduced.
- Increased damage (41 → 42)
- Slightly reduced horizontal recoil
- Slightly reduced horizontal recoil
- Increased damage (51 → 52)
- Reduced horizontal recoil during extended sprays
- Increased damage (35 → 36)
NEW PROGRESSIVE WEAPON SKIN – BUZZKILL SLR
- View the upgrade features for each level of the Up-gradable Weapon Skins and use your materials to upgrade them.
- Progressive Skin Rundown
- Schematics and Polymer are required
- With each level up, you’ll have access to new features. To advance to the next stage, more schematics and polymers are necessary.
- Buzzkill SLR progressive Skin level unlocks:
- Lv.1: Basic Skin Cosmetic (Level 1 appearance)
- Lv.2: 4 Muzzle & Stocks added
- Lv.3: Uncommon Skin Cosmetic (Level 2 appearance)
- Lv.4: Total Kills Battle stat
- Lv.5: Inspect Weapon Animation
- Lv.6: Kill-feed Skin
- Lv.7: Attachment Skin – 9 Scopes added
- Lv.8: Rare Skin Cosmetic (Level 3 appearance)
- Lv.9: Loot Crate Skin
- Lv.10: Attachment Skin – 4 Magazines added
- Upgrades cannot be reverted.
NEW CONTRABAND CRATE – BUZZKILL
- G-Coin purchase options:
- Open once: 200 G-Coin
- Open ten times: 1,800 G-Coin
- There’s a chance you’ll get Weapon Skins and upgrade materials when you open the box.
- Up-gradable Weapon Skins
- Ordinary Weapon Skins: Special Grade or above (Special, Rare, Elite, Epic)
- Schematics (Material Item)
- Polymer (Material Item)
- 10 illegal substances Coupons can only be used to open one container at a time. Coupons cannot be used to open multiple cases.
- By using G-Coin to open Contraband Crates, you can get 10 Scraps. Scraps can be redeemed for products in the Scrap Shop.
NEW FEATURE: SPRAYS
The new Spray function is now available! During the contest, you can spray on the ground to create walls. Using a variety of sprays, you may express your emotions!
- Most surfaces, with the exception of water, glass, automobiles, and players, can be sprayed.
- Sprays can only be used up close and in most scenarios, including when moving and standing stationary.
- In the lobby, sprays are not permitted.
- Under the Customize – Emotes & Sprays option, you can equip sprays.
- At any given time, each player can only have one spray visible in the world, with fresh sprays replacing old ones.
SCREEN IMPROVEMENT FOR MATCH RESULTS – IN-GAME
To make your wins even more special, we’ve introduced the new Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! The results screen has also been enhanced to go along with the new end-of-match celebration.
- The victors’ celebration starts at the end of the match and can be cancelled, with the match result screen appearing once the celebration is finished.
- In Duos and Squads, if your team wins but you are killed during the play, you will be able to see your teammates celebrate.
- If players stay on the death screen, the celebration is skipped and the match results are displayed immediately.
MATCH RESULTS PAGE IMPROVEMENT – LOBBY
- View single or team match stats, such as kills, assists, and damage, with ease.
- In both normal and ranked matches, it is supported.
- Custom, Arcade, and Labs are not supported.
- A page for the results of Ranked Matches has been created.
IMPROVEMENTS TO THE KILL MESSAGE
- Up to four actions can be displayed at once, each with its own colour and effect to make them stand out.
- The Assists
- Animated effects have been added to the kill and assist tallies.
- When several activities occur at the same time, up to four notifications are displayed.
The Quick Marker’s range has been extended, allowing it to be used in a wider range of situations.
- The distance has been increased from 300m to 1000m.
- Solo Mode is now available.
- Radio Messages can be used to communicate Vending Machine locations to your squad.
The maximum number of Waypoints has been increased from 4 to 6.
AUTO EQUIP ATTACHMENTS
- Ensure that either the “Auto Equip Attachments with Interaction Key” or “Auto Equip Attachments from Inventory” settings are turned on.
- Acquired items must be an attachment that may be used on a weapon with an empty attachment slot.
Based on user feedback, the notification symbol was changed to make it easier to distinguish between different types of notifications.
- Single purchase goods are now indicated as purchased and pushed to the bottom of the store page after purchase.
- The message displayed with G-Coin purchases has been updated, and the “Move” button has been removed.
- The $99.99 G-Coin option now has a quantity option (Maximum of five).
- There are spray products available.
- The name of the “Emotes” tab has been modified to “Emotes & Sprays.”
- To boost performance, the backend prepass system logic has been improved.
The system for replay has been changed. It is no longer possible to use replay files from prior upgrades.
- A bug where certain vegetation might cause collision damage has been fixed.
- A flickering issue with the wooden windows of a Taego building has been resolved.
- When the final Blue Zone location slider was set to 100 percent in Custom Matches, the final Blue Zone wouldn’t function correctly.
- When utilizing a boost item, the MP5K reload animation was cancelled, which was fixed.
- Fixed a bug where things couldn’t be looted because they were blocked by other objects.
- On Miramar, a visual issue where lines appeared on building walls when scoped was fixed.
- In Normal, Ranked, and Arcade Mode lobbies, Steam and Discord Rich Presence would not reflect the correct status.